13.4.11

The Wonders of Home

Poetry


I travel the world every day
Marvelling at wonders from afar
The pure whiteness of the Antarctica
Endless red dunes of Africa
*
Mesmerised by Aurora Borealis
Decorating the northern skies
The crystal caves of Bermuda
Pure and intriguing in disguise
*
I see them from my computer
Without leaving my chair
I sometimes think how wonderful
It would be, to be there
*
But these places are far away
And travel would be a chore
My beloved country firmly holds me
Within her beautiful shores
*
And then I take a moment
To consider my home so dear
Of all the wonders she holds
Which before were not so clear
*
The Snowy Mountains beaming
When winter firmly sets hold
The grandeur of the Big Rock
In the deserts of gleaming gold
*
The Aurora Australis, twin
Gracing the clear moonlit heights
The crystal caves at Atherton
Claiming her Amethyst delights
*
So many wonders close by
To nourish the soul and heart
So often we dream of far away
When in our backyard, we should start

***




© Copyright Jan Reid-Lennox. All Rights Reserved.