4.1.11

Alone At Last

Poetry


Alone at last, thirty years past
it seems like yesterday somehow
You encourage me from the corner
though I still keep my vow

Our love affair began so young
at first fumbling and raw
growing with anticipation
and the need to explore

It soon became apparent
we possessed a natural flow
but it was ruined by expectation
from those - in the know

They wanted us to seal our union
it would bring joy to many more
and consume my life completely
so I headed out the door

Yet now, so surreal
I still feel the connection we did share
After all this time, can it be
has it changed, and do I dare?

As I run my fingers along the keyboard
past hurts begin to mend
joy, release and comfort once more
my beloved piano, my long lost friend.

***

© Copyright Jan Reid-Lennox. All Rights Reserved.